Monday, December 5, 2011

A Simply Beautiful Tiny Wooden Housetruck...

Heather and Ivan Morison built this tiny home called Tales of Space and Time on the back of a 1954 Bedford RLHZ 'Green Goddess' Firetruck. Originally built for the military so Kali reliably tells me.
I found it on Tiny House Talk, tinyhousetalk.com a site I've just discovered and I'm so glad I have.
Wig Worland took these images.
This simply beautiful and beautifully simple wooden housetruck seems to me to have it all.
It's a 'Goldilocks' house. It's not to big and it's not too small, it's just the right size.
And don't you just love all the wood...


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I think you have your wires crossed, Roger Beck did not build the housetruck pictured above, it was built by Ivan Morison, who interviewed Roger and posted such on his web site:

    http://www.morison.info/talesofspaceandt.html

    It's a bit confusing because there is no introduction to the interview. It also doesn't help much that the Tiny House Talk site got it scrambled to begin with.

    As far as I know (and I know Roger well), he's never been to NZ (although we would both like to visit), and never built a firetruck housetruck, either here in Oregon, USA or in NZ.

    Nice blog, BTW...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mr Sharkey for sorting that out and it was good of you to visit. Do come again, you are very welcome.
    Let me know when you're coming to New Zealand, I would very much enjoy trying to organise a housetruck get-together in your honour...

    ReplyDelete