Monday, October 28, 2013

Simple And Delightful Tiny Homes On The Back Of Small Pick-Up Trucks...

One of the simplest, easiest and least expensive to get started in tiny house living on wheels is to just attach some sort of living accommodation to the back of a truck.
A bit like hitching your wagon to a star.
Most of the trucks these days are go almost anywhere vehicles with 4WD options.
Often they're designed so the tiny house can simply be removed at a destination and you can use the truck for another purpose.
Downsizing is the way to go and this concept makes it even easier...








Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

  1. Nice. Simple, yet functional. Pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what I always wanted but what do I do with the grand piano? Sorry, just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's more like it! No architects involved, and no long-suffering trees growing through the center!

    But... I thought they were called "Ute's" down your way???

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are called Utes down under my friend but I didn't know you knew that...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tend to like best the ones that most resemble vardos - gypsy wagons. Curved roofs are a nice feature. Seems like they could easily be rigged for water catchment. I gather cruising boats are often equipped with charcoal filters to purify water gathered that way. Might work here too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All shapes, colours, models and sizes. They all look wonderful, creative, and a great way to live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the clinker boat shaped one. They are rather good ideas, these. Charcoal filters for water collection ...hm.. that could work on my boat. Another idea collected!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a fellow here in Alabama who makes log playhouses for kids & he adapted one of these to fit his truck. Now he's swamped with orders for the truck "playhouses". A friend has one on order for her husband's C'mas surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny! I was looking for photos like this for my blog post the other day on tiny house styles. Universal brain pan at work.

    ReplyDelete