Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Beautiful Images Of Forgotten Palaces And Villas By Photographer Thomas Jorion...

Paris based photographer Thomas Jorion has been entranced by the  grandeur of Europe's abandoned but magnificent mansions and villas since he was a child.
He's been touring Germany, Switzerland and in particular northern Italy photographing the decaying splendour of some truly marvellous homes that have been allowed to decay for a variety of reasons.
But mostly because of financial ruination.
There's more of these beautiful but abandoned ruins here...








Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Ghost mansions. Kinda reminds me of photos of contemporary Detroit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure You have seen that:

    http://www.abandonedscotland.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad to see those places not being utilised. Maybe schools, universities, in fact some would make lovely art colleges, I think, even apartment blocks, before they disintegrate entirely. A waste of someone's talents, usually architects and builders, plumbers etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the saddest thing to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol that's just the look I'm looking for

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established
    blog. Is it hard to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick.
    I'm thinking about setting up my own but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any
    points or suggestions? Thank you

    Feel free to surf to my weblog: shit bricks

    ReplyDelete