Sunday, June 5, 2011

Very Delicious...

Winter's here and it's time for my favourite soup to make a welcome appearance.
This was simmering on the firetop yesterday afternoon as the rain danced on the roof.
It's an old fashioned style of soup, but then I'm an old fashioned guy.
Put some good oil in the bottom of a heavy saucepan then throw in some onion, garlic, leeks, carrots, a handful of sultanas, potato, celery and of course pumpkin. Mix it all up so it's all lightly coated with the oil, then add some stock and some good curry powder. Then a tin of chopped tomatoes. Top it up with some water, put the lid on and sit down and relax.
Very easy and very delicious...
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. It is beautiful! I am going to have to go look up sultanas though..I don't know what they are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is around a hundred degrees here and that "winter" treat looks good to me. I'll have seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm between you folks in seasons. While I'm on the upper side of the equator (relatively speaking...) the local Hondurans call now the start of winter as we head into rainy season. The dry time from Nov/Dec to now was summer. Since the primary difference is rain or not, rather than temperature which is fairly constant, I guess it makes sense to them.

    I'll have some of that soup as well. That's the kind of cooking I miss down here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on Keith - a CAN of chopped tomatoes - we would expect nothing less than local organic Roma's from you - tut - tut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I'm sorry I'm not in Roma and I'm unable to do what the Romans do...

    ReplyDelete