Wednesday, January 25, 2012

One Man's Junk Is Another Man's Castle...

Victor Moore built his junk castle back in the late 60's when the Whitman County didn't require anyone building a structure costing less than $500 to obtain a building permit.
The Build was part of his thesis for a Masters degree in Fine Arts from Washington State University.
The castles bright colours, its turrets and spires are straight out of Disneyworld but it's all made of junk including washing machine parts, dryers, bedsteads, car doors and windscreens.
You can read more about it here.
Vic's friend David Patterson shot the images.
I wonder if he used Kodachrome...



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I like the junk house, but I bet at today's prices it would need a building permit. Even junk is getting exonsive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lovin' it...but then again, I'm a junk dealer!

    ReplyDelete