Monday, May 2, 2011

Bottling. It's Like Kissing...

'Bottling, it's like kissing' says Marlena de Blasi in her simply glorious novel of life in Tuscany titled Dolce e Salata. ' Once you start, one thing leads to another and before you know it you're surrounded by jars and jars of colourful vegetables'.
Here's the first two of many that I'm doing over the next couple of weeks, carrots, capsicum, chilli, bean, cauliflower in a vinegar mix with lots of wonderful spices. They could be delicious!
Tomorrow it's baby beetroot...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. When.I.finish.my.house...I.must.learn.to.can..looks.wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Frann, I hope it tastes as good as it looks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you must have a big cooking pot to put those glasses in. Where do you store them in your Flying Tortoise?
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Erika, I'm going to have to figure out some storage/display area. The jars are 1.5 litre. Yes TFT IS getting crowded but they look so good I want to be able to see them all the time...

    ReplyDelete