Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Field Lab...

John Wells over at The Field Lab sent me a pack of his great greeting cards which I received in the post yesterday. Included in the pack is this image of his wonderful pedal driven washing machine.
Some of you who follow his blog will remember when he constructed this marvellous machine and the fun he had with it.
He's still having fun evidently and his laundry has never been so sparkling clean. I think he pedals one way to wash and the other to spin.
There are some amazing examples of alternative laundry methods from around the world and I'll show you some more sometime...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I have always used a 5 gallon bucket and a toilet plunger in a pinch..John Wells does come up with some unique things. Have you seen his youtube video of the cow drinking? I laugh every time I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I use the famous bucket and plunger with the scientifically engineered designer holes and have done my laundry that way for years... I will check out the cow drinking though. It's Benita I presume...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Benita Drinks...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gbZLlgcIqo
    It's very funny... thanks John

    ReplyDelete